12 Days of a THRIVING Christmas - Day 2


On the second day of our THRIVING Christmas we're talking about proteins.  So let me tell you a story.  Before I had ever tasted THRIVE, I tried a powdered egg from another company and it was absolutely disgusting.  The scrambled eggs I made from it were thrown out.  I tried using it in baking and it still had a nasty flavor, though not as strong as the scrambled eggs.  I sent them with my husband on a boy scout camp out hoping that was the last I would see of them but the boys wouldn't eat them either.  I ended up tossing it all.  What a waste of money!  So I'll be honest, when THRIVE came out with their scrambled eggs I was a little skeptical.  But they are really good!  Good enough I would open up a can and use them all the time if I didn't get some strange satisfaction with cracking real eggs.  And they are great in baking too!  Just look at them!  Add a little FD chives, cheese, and red and/or green bell peppers and you have some fabulous scrambled eggs!



My other favorite THRIVE Proteins:
FD Chicken (sliced or chopped)
All the Instant Beans, Black, Pinto, Red
FD Sausage Crumbles (oh the sausage crumbles!)

Tip

Did I mention I love Sausage Crumbles?  I do.  They are SO GOOD!


Recipe

Check out this delicious recipe using our chicken slices.  I also love using the chicken slices in fajitas,  stir-fry, soups, and casseroles.


  • BBQ Chicken Sliders
Ingredients:

Directions:


  1. Add hot water to chicken and red bell peppers in a bowl and let sit to reconstitute.
  2. Cook bacon over medium heat until almost caramelized. Add onions and sauté until translucent.
  3. Drain off half the bacon grease, then add garlic and chicken mixture and sauté until water is almost gone. Add Chef’s Choice, ¾ cup BBQ sauce, and smoke flavoring and heat through.
  4. Spread remaining BBQ sauce on small slider size buns and add chicken mixture as desired.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment