12 Days of a THRIVING Christmas - Day 10


Its day 10 here and let me tell you one thing I love about THRIVE.  I love how quick, easy, and convenient it is to cook with.  For example, I can make meals in a jar (or bag) ahead of time and have them ready to make whenever I need it.


Like yesterday, since it was pouring rain I decided it was a Veggie Beef Stew kind of day.  So I grabbed my jar mix that I made previously and was able to just dump it in the pot, simmer and stir, and enjoy.  I can use THRIVE ingredients to make all kinds of meal mixes to really simplify my life AND they are healthy meals with natural, whole, unprocessed ingredients that I can control.  I also love that to make these meals in a jar I don't have to cook meat or chop veggies.  I just scoop and pour in the jar.


How about cookie mixes or bread mixes in a jar?  I just love using the cranberries.  They are so pretty and delicious. They also make great gift ideas. (See recipe below!)



THRIVE also has some ready to cook meals in our THRIVE Express line.

My favorites are the Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup and Pasta Carbonara.


Tip

I love the THRIVE Express meals for my 72 hour food kits.  They are so easy to make since they are just add water, plus they are light and easy to carry.  And they are tasty.

Recipe

I found a great recipe this year that is perfect for Christmas gifts and works so well with THRIVE ingredients.  My friends at Food Storage Made Easy helped to "THRIVE-a-lize" it for you.

Christmas Cookies in a Jar

MIJ_COMBO

Ingredients:
Pack your 1 qt. jar with the following ingredients:
1/3 cup Thrive sugar

1/3 cup packed Thrive brown sugar
1 tablespoon Thrive whole egg powder
3/4 cup Thrive all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Thrive vanilla powder
1/2 teaspoon Thrive baking powder
1/8 teaspoon Thrive baking soda
1/8 Thrive teaspoon salt
1 cup Thrive quick-cooking oats
1 cup Thrive freeze-dried cranberries
1 cup vanilla or white chocolate chips

Additional Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons water


Directions:
Pour cookie mix into a large bowl; stir to combine. Beat in butter, and water. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drop by the tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.  You can download the cute labels here.


Recipe adapted from tasteofhome.com

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment